Hungry Hollow Book Tank: A Lexiconigraphic Omnibus Digitalis

"By lack of understanding they remained sane." -Orwell.................. Our door lies open to all lovers of language. May words enrich your lives and grant you the power to affect physical change upon the universe. This site is staunchly dedicated to the freedom of information, the power of language, the history of literature and the beauty of poetry in the hopes that some turning of the earth will result of our utopian discord. By naming things we remember.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Self-Portrait in a Passport Photo

by Kaia Sand from Intervals published by Edge Books, Washington D.C. 1-890311-14-6

Today I am the tallest
I have ever been

Now I know what it is
with a cup to the ear of thunder

Now I know how it is to crush
dainty book, do penance,
fast on chatter

From this height, I can hold the moon
close like a hat

I am the tallest I have ever been

I wish to postpone
last month's appointments, understand
the sun, apologize to all
the other countries

I frisk myself, policing
the pickpocket, delighted at all
I confiscate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home